Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How's your yard looking?

'Cause this is how mine is...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Every bit of grass in our "front yard" (excluding the part way down by the street) is gone. Our dogwood tree is gone. There are tons of supposedly important bushes and flowers and trees planted by Kimberly's grandmother and uncles over the years that are gone.
It's like starting over on a brand new front yard. Which, actually isn't all that bad. I didn't like some of those plants, and now we'll be able to plant a tree with Cohen and it'll be "his" tree, which I think is pretty cool.

However, Kimberly and I could have bought a car with the money it took to finally fix our septic system. I guess that's the point of this, though...it's actually fixed now. All that's left is the county inspection tomorrow (Thursday) morning, and then they fill the holes back in, leaving us with a blank canvas of land. I guess all that's left to decide now is what to do with it? It's too small for a proper hockey rink. I have always wanted a miniature golf course in my yard. Hmm...

1 comment: