Wednesday, May 13, 2009

There's a commercial out now for Liquid-Plumr "Foaming Pipe Snake" that says, "What do you get when you mix the power of Liquid-Plumr with the technology of the future?". It is my contention that once we have the technology...it is no longer the technology of the future.


You know the Ocean Spray commercials with the two guys standing in a bog where evidently millions of cranberries are growing. That looks fun as crap. I'd love to jump in, swim, and play in something like that. It looks like a giant ball pit...that you can eat.


For some reason, my skin crawls every time I see a girl refer to another girl as "girl". For example: "Girl, you look good for just having had a baby!", or "Girl, you know Jon's just staying with Kate for the money". Any time I see a comment that starts with the word "girl" followed by a comma, it makes me want to slap someone's sister. Not my sister, though.


When I was going to sleep last night, in my halfway-between-awake-and-asleep phase, it was like my brain was scrolling through thoughts and statements trying to find a jumping-off point for a dream, and the following three questions floated through my mind in this order: "Are you kidding me?", "Will you answer the phone?", "Do you have hair in your mouth?". I heard them in female voices...almost like two females were talking to each other. It jolted me out of my snooze and I had to start over in the going to sleep process.


It just occurred to me that I have no idea how my sister would react if I slapped her.

2 comments:

  1. I'd slap you back. Boy, don't test me.

    Does "Boy," have the same effect as "Girl," would?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar effect, but not nearly as severe. I can't imagine a dude saying that to another dude, though.

    ReplyDelete