Thursday, October 15, 2009

One way, or another...I'm gonna find ya...I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha

Back in April, we had a huge septic tank problem that left us with standing water (among other "stuff") in our basement.

Not long after that, my car window motor broke, leaving my window down in my door, forcing me to tape my window shut to avoid standing water in my car.

Then in August what I thought was a leaky water heater* turned out to be a piece of paper blocking a drainage tube in our AC unit....leaving standing water in our basement.

Now, we have a pipe between the basement and the main floor of our house with a leak. The leak is coming through the ceiling in the basement. As a result, we have stan....well, you know.

CAN WE NOT HAVE FIVE F'ING MINUTES GO BY WITHOUT SOMETHING GOING WRONG WITH OUR HOUSE?

In addition to the leak, we also have a yard that has so many high and low spots that it looks like a dirt bike track (this is due to the aforementioned septic problem), a section of our driveway that has been raised a good three to four inches higher than the rest (this is due likely to a big root growing under that section), and about a hundred small repairs that need to be done throughout the house.

They say that location, location, location is the key to a good house, but I disagree. I love the location of our house. It's just all the other crap that's ruining this for me.

*I used the phrase "Water Heater", rather then "Hot Water Heater" because there is no such thing as a hot water heater. It would be stupid to heat water that's already hot.

2 comments:

  1. Chris and I were telling his friend, Jon, just last night about the joys of owning a house since he said he'll be buying one next year. He said that every person he's mentioned it to that owns a house told him to just expect that everything will break, because it will. And you'll have to pay for everything.

    Bummer.

    Seems like your basement is a curse. You should have it cleansed or something. Isn't that something to do with sage? Oh, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FlushPro Septic and Plumbing -678-487-7762 is your Lawrenceville Septic Tank Service experts. We specialize in Residential, Commercial, and 24/7 Emergency Buford Septic service and pumping.

    ReplyDelete