Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Uh oh...

Over the last month or so, Kimberly and I have found that Cohen loves to have about 3-5 minutes of "naked time" before his bath. I drop the diaper, and he shoots off through the house like a rocket. This has gone on without incident for about a month.

Last night, however, after about 3 fast-paced laps around his room, he ran over to his wagon (which houses his assortment of balls). He pulled a little basketball out of the bucket, and as I looked over to him, he looked back at me with a look of fear on his face. He was peeing. He stopped, took two steps back, and just kept on peeing some more. My initial reaction was "Oh no!". Almost immediately after that, I chuckled, told him it was okay, and alerted Kimberly of the situation.

I don't know if it was my initial "Oh no", or the fact that he probably has never actually seen himself pee, but he was horrified by the whole situation. He screamed and cried and carried on, and it took about 5 minutes to calm him down before we could brush his teeth and actually get him into the bath.

It's a nice little story to hold on to for when he is a teenager and has friends over.

No comments:

Post a Comment