Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Twenty-Nine is mighty fine

Something you hope to change about yourself. And Why.

It's stupid, but here it is. Every fast food place has combo meals. They generally consist of a sandwich, fries, and a drink. Of course, one has the option of upsizing this combo to include a large fries and drink as well.

Going back to my "I'm a super-big guy who doesn't care about my weight" days, I used to have the idea stuck in my head that the average combo meal didn't really apply to me. I would get the meal. I would upsize it (of course), and then, just because it wasn't "enough" for me, I'd throw in an extra sandwich...you know, for good measure.

I apologize...I'm speaking in the past-tense, which is inaccurate. I still do this. Given all of my work I've done to lose weight - all the miles I put on the bike and all the hours I put in at the gym, I still refuse to believe that the standard combo meal is enough for me.

McDonalds - Number 10 Value Meal, large fries and drink, plus a double-cheeseburger.
Wendy's - 3 orders of 5-piece nuggets, plus a jr. bacon cheeseburger.
Five Guys - Five Guys is the worst - A bacon cheese dog, plus a large order of fries (if you aren't familiar with the Five Guys fries situation - a regular order might as well be two orders...the large order is insanely too much for one person...probably two). Then, if that wasn't enough...they have awesome grilled cheese sandwiches, too. Well, I have to throw in one of those, since they're so good.

Basically, I eat waaaaaaay too much. I need to change it. Problem is, my body is used to that amount, so when I don't eat that much (or even when I do sometimes), I still feel hungry just an hour or two after eating it.

I have maintained my weight loss, surprisingly, but in the past month and a half, I have not lost any more. I still have 30-40 pounds to go, and if I would just take this simple step of eating portions that I should have, that would certainly help.

Makes me mad about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment