Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lost In Translation

"I am doing an experiment with this entry. I will take this paragraph and translate it through a number if different languages. I will then translate it back to English. I am curious to see if it will even be recognized as saying remotely the same thing that the original paragraph stated."

That paragraph was translated through the following languages:
Spanish (Mexican)
French
Chinese
Japanese
Italian
Greek.

This is the resulting paragraph:

"Slaughter of this I reflection [respect] from the first experience. This will be translated will postpone, sends this point of/to be packagings and to the group and to the language. And I am translated in support of englishes and to this. I have said that this is the paragraph of that case [one thing] on the principle that the curiosity that understandable is always it is not clear with a strong case because I. It is confirmed."

Well, I got the gist of it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. Wow. I always knew those translator things were off a little bit, but that's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete