Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things and Items

You know those cleaners that claim to kill 99.9% of all bacteria? When I use those, I just use a little more than I should, so as to kill all the bacteria.


Isn't any time the time of your life?


Cohen farts all the time. What I don't understand though, is that the amount of air is less, and it's coming out of smaller intestines and through a smaller butthole - and it still makes the loud, deep sound that a full-sized, adult, grown-up fart makes.


He also recently learned how to roll over, which is pretty cool. He hates to be on his belly, though. He just rolls over, then starts crying because he's on his belly. Then, we put him back on his back. Then he rolls back over on his belly again and starts crying again. It's an endless cycle. I think if he would just learn to stand and walk, then all of this can be avoided.


I often look forward to going home from work, so I can go home and join in on "Family Kitchen Rap Dancin' Time". It's a pretty awesome (D&K)Dorris* family tradition that was started a few years ago and is only made more fun by the fact that there's now a baby to join in the fun.


Over the past year or two, I have developed a (what could be unhealthy) fascination/infatuation with Mos Def. Before I knew his music, I knew his acting (and his performances on "Russel Simmons' Def Poetry Jam, which I like, probably more than I should), but I had never heard his music. Over the last year, I've picked up a couple of his CD's, though, and I have to admit...they're pretty awesome, too. This week he guest-starred on House, and it made my night.


After I left my last post (on April 1st), I narrowly avoided what could have been two very serious car wrecks. I guess that's what I get.


* I had to specify that the tradition is a (D&K)Dorris family tradition because there are now multiple (insertinitialshere)Dorris' around, such as the (G&S)Dorris family and the (B&C)Dorris family. I fear that just saying "Dorris family tradition" will be misleading or confusing in the future, and it troubles me.

2 comments:

  1. You've probably also found (as I did) that baby farts are tolerated to much higher degree than husband farts are. Life isn't fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Mos Def?! I wondered why that actor was mumbling.

    ReplyDelete