Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day number two

Something you love about yourself.

I feel it's only fair - since I listed two things I hate about myself - that I also list two things I love about myself. This should be easy, as I am awesome.

First, I am one of the most laid back, easy-going guys you'll probably ever meet. If there are punches, I roll with them. If there is a flow, I go with it. I seldom complain (in a non-joking manner) about anything. I think that makes me a valuable employee, husband, sibling, and friend. I always find something positive in the midst of negativity, and I can laugh at just about anything. I will try as hard as I can to go out of my way and help anyone who needs it, be it a friend or a stranger. It's all about being nice. I try to make being nice my "thing". If there is a way to make something easier for people around you, there's no good reason not to do so.

Secondly, I (think I) am a good father (so far). Granted, I haven't had to sit and have any life-changing, character-forging talks with my son yet, as he isn't even two years old. I have very little experience thus far in the handing out of discipline. I am involved, though, and that's about all I can do at this point. A lot of generations before me designated that the father's main role in a child's life (outside of financially providing for the child) didn't really get into full swing until the child was older and needed discipline. That's just not the way it is in 2010. I don't mind changing diapers. I don't mind putting up with Cohen's insistance on crawling all over me when I have a plate of food in my lap and I'm trying to eat dinner. I love to play with Cohen. I don't mind embarrassing myself for his pleasure. His laugh makes me forget everything wrong with the world, and when I hear it, I will do everything in my power to hear it again.

Hey, two days in a row, and I haven't missed one yet. I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment