Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just the Ten of Us

Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know.


Okay, some of you may not like this, but I can only think of one person: Conan O'Brien.
(note, I realize that today's and yesterday's prompts were likely meant to be answered with more personal relationships, but to be honest, I pretty much have all my friends where I want them)

Liking Conan O'Brien has seemed like the cool thing to do over the past number of years. I just never got into him. I never got the appeal. I mean, he's funny, sure. That's his job, though. David Letterman and Jay Leno are both funny, too...just in different ways. To be honest, there isn't really any late night tv host that I think is downright, can't-miss hilarious (Stewart and Colbert included). I can think of about ten other things I'd like to watch over any of those shows.

Conan's humor* has always seemed immature and easy-to-write. I could be wrong. Admittedly, I haven't seen a whole lot of his show. What I have seen, though, just really didn't do it for me. Of course, most of America (or at least the hip, trendy portion) will disagree with me. I will agree that he got jobbed by NBC. I don't think the man should be yanked off the airwaves. There are people that like him, and if he wants to give them what they want, I say let it happen. I'm just not one of those people.

I'm just a little tired of hearing how hilarious he is, despite already having formed my contrary opinion of the guy. Again, not that I think he's not funny. I just don't think he's the savior of modern comedy that everyone else seems to think he is.

*I am referring to his talk show. I did think he was good as an award-show host. I also follow him on Twitter. About 60% of his tweets are funny in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. His tweets are hilarious. I'd say definitely more than 60%.

    ReplyDelete