Friday, October 15, 2010

Johnny Five Is Alive

Something you hope to do in your life

Something I never did and still hold out a little hope of doing is a short tour with a band. I've been out of town with a couple of my old bands. A couple of them were overnight, but none were more than that. I just want the experience. I'm sure it's probably a lot more boring than I picture it in my mind, but I guess I'll never know until I do it.

There is a (miniscule) chance of this actually happening next year. One of the bands on my friend's label is coming to the states to do a tour (the band is from Israel), and they asked if we'd come out and do a few of the shows with them. Their tour is only 2-3 weeks, and our part would only be maybe 2-3 nights, but nothing is even close to solidified. I'm all for it. Goose says he's all for it. Mike is all for it. That's a 3 out of 3 vote, but I'm giving this about a 2.3 percent chance of actually happening.

That's just how it works with this band...not that I mind. We talk about plans. We talk about feasability. We save vacations days...just in case. Then nothing happens. It doesn't really bother me all that much. I'm just in it for the fun of continuing my bass playing, be it in a club or in my friend's basement. It would be nice to actually see some fruit of this labor, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment