Friday, October 29, 2010

Eleven Alive!

Something people seem to compliment you the most on.

Easy. Calf muscles. I have witnessed muscular, body-builder-type people in the gym checking out their own calf muscles in the mirror, then looking jealously at mine. Once a customer said (as I was walking away from him), "DANG! Where'd you buy those calf muscles?"

What can I say...I was always a big guy*. I needed the muscles to hold me up and get me around.

*Surprisingly, people can confuse being overweight with being "built", or above average in the strength department. When I was at my heaviest, I was at a show and some guy started hitting on Kimberly. When I politely informed the man that she was my wife, he backed up, threw his hands up, and apologized, saying there was no way he wanted to get on my bad side. Also, my brother-in-law (who was at one point a larger man like myself, but who has also dropped a noticeable amount of weight) and I were setting up for a day at the beach when someone approached us asking us about our workout regimen and how much we bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment