Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In The Year Twenty-Five Twenty-Five

The reason you believe you're still alive today.

I used to hang out at this river which sprung from a lake. I knew this river. I knew the lake. I was used to the river and lake. One day, I started at the lake and went down the river...farther than I had ever been before. The rapids became a little rougher than I liked, but I kept going. After a while, I saw in the distance what appeared to be the river simply disappearing in a cloud of mist. As I got closer, I realized that I was approaching a pretty significant waterfall. I went close to the edge. I wanted to go over the waterfall. I thought of the thrill of falling into the unknown. How far was the drop? How deep was the water at the bottom? I wanted so badly to do it. I was about to do it. I wanted to have it my way...or nothing at all. Right before I chased that waterfall to my certain death, I remembered the wise words of T-Boz, Chili, and Left Eye. I realized that I was moving too fast, so I turned back and stuck to the river. And the lake. That I'm used to.

1 comment: